Don’t be Caught with an Expired Medical Marijuana Card!!!
Renewal Cards from the State are taking several months to receive. We recommend you apply for your renewal 60 days before your card expires. If you give yourself enough time and apply in advance of the expiration date you will receive your card before it expires and you will not be caught with an expired Medical Marijuana card!
Program Status Update (10/14/2011): Currently the State is issuing registry ID cards for valid original/strong> applications received in early June. Additionally, registry ID cards are being issued for valid renewal applications received for registrations expiring in July.
- 194,184 original and renewal applications received since April 6, 2009.
- 118,926 patient registrations issued.
- The number of caregivers will be posted as soon as an accurate number can be obtained.
- 20,736 applications denied — most due to incomplete application or missing documentation.
- The State asks that applicants refrain from calling to inquire about the status of the application unless your original application was submitted prior to mid-May.
Please use the following links and downloads to learn more about patients’ rights and the laws regarding Medical Marijuana Certification.